You Know You're Over the Hill When ...
1. You find yourself beginning to like accordion music.
2. You're sitting on a park bench and a Boy Scout comes up and helps
you cross your legs.
3. Lawn care has become a big highlight of your life.
4. Your underwear starts creeping up on you...and you enjoy it.
5. You tune into the easy listening station...on purpose.
6. You discover that your measurements are now small, medium and
large ... In that order.
7. You light the candles on your birthday cake and a group of campers
form a circle and start singing Kumbaya.
8. Someone compliments you on your layered look...and you're wearing a
9. You keep repeating yourself.
10. You start video taping daytime game shows.
11. At the airport, they ask to check your bags...and you're not
carrying any luggage.
12. You wonder why you waited so long to take up macrame.
13. Your Insurance Company has started sending you their free
calendar...a month at a time.
14. At cafeterias, you complain that the gelatin is too tough.
15. Your new easy chair has more options than your car.
16. When you do the "Hokey Pokey" you put your left hip out...and it
17. One of the throw pillows on your bed is a hot water bottle.
18. Conversations with people your own age often turn into "dueling
19. You keep repeating yourself.
20. It takes a couple of tries to get over a speed bump.
21. You discover the words, "whippersnapper", "scalawag" and "by-cracky"
creeping into your vocabulary.
22. You're on a TV game show and you decide to risk it all and go for
23. You begin every other sentence with, "Nowadays..."
24. You run out of breath walking DOWN a flight of stairs.
25. You look both ways before crossing a room.
26. Your social security number only has three digits.
27. You keep repeating yourself.
28. You come to the conclusion that your worst enemy is gravity.
29. It takes you all night to do what you used to do all night.
30. You go to a Garden Party and you're mainly interested in the garden.
31. You find your mouth making promises your body can't keep.
32. The waiter asks how you'd like your steak...and you say "pureed."
33. At parties you attend, "regularity" is considered the topic of
34. You start beating everyone else at trivia games.
35. You frequently find yourself telling people what a loaf of bread
USED to cost.
36. Your back goes out more than you do.
37. You keep repeating yourself.
38. Cafeteria food starts tasting GOOD.
39. You refer to your $2500 stereo system as "The Hi-Fi."
40. You make it a point to attend all the RV shows that come to town.
41. You realize that a stamp today costs more than a picture show did
when you were growing up.
42. Your childhood toys are now in a museum.
43. Many of your co-workers were born the same year that you got your
44. The clothes you've put away until they come back in style...come
back in style.
45. All of your favorite movies are now revised in color.
46. The car that you bought brand new becomes an antique.
47. You keep repeating yourself.
48. You find this list tasteless and insensitive