Accident-Prone Day


	The following is taken from a Florida newspaper:

	A man was working on his motorcycle on his patio and his wife was in the
	house in the kitchen. The man was racing the engine on the motorcycle
	and somehow, the motorcycle slipped into gear. The man, still holding
	the handlebars, was dragged through a glass patio door and the
	motorcycle dumped onto the floor inside the house.

	The wife, hearing the crash, ran into the dining room, and found her
	husband laying on the floor, cut and bleeding, the motorcycle laying
	next to him and the patio door shattered. The wife ran to the phone and
	summoned an ambulance.

	Because they lived on a fairly large hill, the wife went down the
	several flights of long steps to the street to direct the paramedics to
	her husband.

	After the ambulance arrived and transported the husband to the hospital,
	the wife uprighted the motorcycle and pushed it outside. Seeing that gas
	had spilled on the floor, the wife obtained some papers towels, blotted
	up the gasoline, and threw the towels in the toilet.

	The husband was treated at the hospital and was released to come home.
	After arriving home, he looked at the shattered patio door and the
	damage done to his motorcycle. He became despondent, went into the
	bathroom, sat on the toilet and smoked a cigarette. After finishing the
	cigarette, he flipped it between his legs into the toilet bowl while
	still seated.

	The wife, who was in the kitchen, heard a loud explosion and her husband
	screaming.   She ran into the bathroom and found her husband laying on
	the floor. His trousers had been blown away and he was suffering burns
	on the buttocks, the back of his legs and his groin. The wife again ran
	to the phone and called for an ambulance.

	The same ambulance crew was dispatched and the wife met them at the
	street.  The paramedics loaded the husband on the stretcher and began
	carrying him to the street. While they were going down the stairs to the
	street accompanied by the wife, one of the paramedics asked the wife how
	the husband had burned himself. She told them and the paramedics started
	laughing so hard, one of them tipped the stretcher and dumped the
	husband out. He fell down the remaining steps and broke his ankle.






Back to Lori's Humor Page
Back to Lori's Home Page