80s Pop Quiz
This quiz is a productivity killer. There is no answer key, but collaboration
is encouraged. Extra points if you guess the artist too.
Warning: this is addictive once you start....
When you give up, here are the answers I have so far
Lines from all your favorite 80s songs will be listed below and it's your job
to come up with the song. Some are pretty straightforward and some I don't
think many will get. I hope you all enjoy the quiz.
1) And she's lovin him with that body I just know it
2) I'm on the huntdown after you
3) Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken?
4) Let me tell you 'bout the girl I met last night
5) Well I like takin off, don't like burnin out, every time you turn it
on, makes me wanna shout
6) Buying bread from a man in Brussels, he was 6 foot 4 and full a
7) With every breath I'm deeper into you
8) Distant eyes, losin ground I'm reachin for you, you, you
9) Music does the talkin, says the things you wanna hear
10) And I've never been a loser and I just can't lose tonight
11) I'm gonna buy me a one way ticket, nothin's gonna hold me back. Your
love's like a slow train comin and I can feel it comin down the
12) At this moment, you mean everything!
13) I tried my imagination, but I was disturbed
14) Making love to you was never second best
15) I've got to, run away from the pain you drive into the heart of me
16) So wild, so free, so far from me. You're all I want, my fantasy
17) If you got the money honey we got your disease
18) And mama always told me be careful what you do, don't go around breaking
young girls' hearts
19) My baby may not be rich, he's watchin every dime
20) Take your passion, and make it happen
21) I think they got the alias, that you been livin under
22) I had a premonition that he shouldn't of gone alone
23) And when the night is cold and dark, you can't see you can't see light
24) Don't drink, Don't smoke, what do ya do?
25) I don't wanna be a girl like that, do you wanna see a grown man cry?
26) Somebodies callin after somebody, somebody turns the corner out of sight.
Lookin for somebody, somewhere in the night
27) A week without you, but I forget, two weeks without you and I still haven't
gotten over you yet
28) Strange voices are saying, ah what did they say? Things I can't understand
29) Been workin, so hard. I'm punchin, my card
30) I know just how to whisper, and I know just how to cry
31) I was a high school loser never made it with a lady til the boys told me
somethin I missed
32) I knew right from the beginning, that you would end up winnin, I knew right
from the start, you'd put an arrow through my heart
33) You got to roll with the punches to get to what's real
34) Just a look at that girl with the lights comin up in her eyes
35) It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you, it's nothing that a hundred
men or more could ever do
36) And heart to heart you win, if ya survive
37) Play the guitar on the MTV
38) So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills, you know the one,
Dr. everything be all right
39) Tin roof......Rusted
40) You're givin me the chills baby please baby don't
41) I knew he must a been about seventeen
42) With the touch of a velvet glove
43) It's just another Sunday, in a tired old street
44) Slight of hand and a twist of fate, on a bed of nails she makes me wait
45) She's so fine, she's all mine, the girl is all right!
46) And your friends don't dance and if they don't dance well they're no
friends of mine
47) Your feet are going to be on the ground, your head is there to move you
48) Oceans apart, day after day, and I slowly go insane
49) I guess I should a known by the way you parked your car sideways that it
50) You're all the things I've got to remember
51) I need some company, a guardian angel, to keep me warm when the cold winds
52) Your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye
53) So many times, it happens too fast, you trade your passion for glory
54) Nations go to war over women like you, it's just a form of appreciation
55) Before I put another notch in my lipstick case You better make sure you put
me in my place!
56) You tell me that you want me, you tell me that you need me, you tell me that
you love me, and I know that I'm right cause I hear it in the night.
57) I got a picture of you- ahh-ha-ahh-ha-ah-ah
58) I, I was standing, you were there
59) Every claim you stake I'll be watching you
60) Shoot me like a rocket into space!
61) This is the world we live in, and these are the hands were given
62) Don't wish it away, don't look at it like this forever
63) And even though I wander, I'm keepin you in sight, you're a candle in the wind
on a cold dark winters night
64) If you say goodbye to me tonight, there will still be music left to write
65) Oh yeah I, just wanna watch the girls go by
66) I'll be alone, dancin, you know it baby
67) And you may say to yourself, My god, what have I done?
68) Scratches his head and does his best James Dean
69) Oh thinkin about all our younger years, it was only you and me, we were young
and wild and free
70) Like a knight in shining armor, from a long time ago
71) Stop walking down my street. Who do you expect to meet?
72) I've been meaning to tell you, I've got this feeling that won't subside
73) Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be
74) I had a friend was a big baseball player, back in high school
75) See yourself, give your freewill a chance, you've got to work to succeed
76) One likes to believe in the freedom of music
77) Heirs of the cold war, that's what we've become. Inherited troubles, I'm
78) Kid can't read at seventeen, the words he knows are all obscene but, it's
79) I sailed away to China, in a little row boat to find ya, you said you had to
get your laundry done
80) I never believed in things that I couldn't see, I said if I can feel it, how
could it be
81) Don't take money, don't take fame, don't need no credit card to ride this
82) The school bell rings, you know it's my cue, I'm gonna meet the boys on floor
83) I never meant to be so bad to you. One thing I said that I would never do
84) Put me in coach, I'm ready to play, today
85) Just like the one wing dove sings a song, sounds like she's singing
86) So let's sink another drink, cause it'll give me time to think
87) I need fifty dollars to make you holler
88) I said mom this shirt is plaid with a butterfly collar
89) Now every time I go for the mailbox, gotta hold myself down
90) I can make it, I know I can. You broke the boy in me, but you won't break
91) And the best thing you've ever done for me is to help me take my life less
seriously, it's only life after all
92) I've had the blues, the reds and the pinks
93) At night I wake up with the sheets soaking wet and a freight train running
through the middle of my head
94) I'm lying in the rain, but I never wave bye bye, but I try
95) Don't want no Captain Crunch don't want no raisin bran
96) I can see the sun in Win-ter-time
97) Every time I think of you, I always catch my breath
98) And then the conversation turned, until the sun went down
99) Who's gonna block your ears, when you scream?
100) Come on everybody if you wanna take a chance
101) I touch you once, I touch you twice
102) All the cops in the donut shop say way-o way-o
103) You are so hard to read, you play hide n seek with your true intentions
104) She stepped off the bus, out into the city street
105) You do the boom boom into my heart, you set my soul sky high when your lovin
106) You want a piece of my heart, you better start from the start. You wanna be
in the show, come on baby lets go!
107) I think of you and let it go...
108) I'll be back when I found my fears, and I'll see you again in a thousand
109) I can wait another day, until I call you
110) When I'm lost at sea, I hear your voice and it carries me
111) Another kiss, and you'll be mine, one track mind!
112) If you won't take my kisses in the night then,
113) I was born to love you, but I will never be free, you'll always be a part of me
114) There doesn't seem to be anyone around
115) Speed so fast, felt like I was drunk
116) They see your every move
117) No chocolate covered candy hearts to give away
118) An invisible man sleepin in your bed..
119) The Moon. Beautiful. The Sun. Even more beautiful.
120) it's poetry in motion and when she turned her eyes to me
121) Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream
122) The phone rings in the middle of the night. My father yells what you gonna do
with your life
123) Some of them want to use you. Some of them want to get used by you
124) By order of the prophet, We ban that boogie sound
125) I know a guy who's tough but sweet, he's so fine, he can't be beat. He's got
everything that I desire, sets the summer sun on fire