25 More Rules For Women
1. SportsCenter starts at 11:00 PM and runs an hour. This is a
great time to pay bills, put laundry in the dryer or talk to
2. Two hot dogs and a beer at a baseball game do, in fact,
constitute going out to dinner.
3. Unlike you, we essentially want to dress just exactly like
all our friends. Thus, you need not go much further than the
Gap, J. Crew or the local Patagonia store.
4. If we see you in the morning and at night, why call us at work?
5. Butthead is the smart one.
6. Is it too much to ask to have the bra match the underwear?
7. You probably don't want to know what we're thinking about.
8. Silence does not need to be filled with discussions about
"us" and "the relationship."
9. Things you can help with: the Sunday crossword, yard work,
the dishes, cleaning, and grocery shopping.
10. Things you should let us do alone: figuring out where we are,
watching anything on TBS, playing cards, smoking cigars and
picking out the beer.
11. Socks never work as a gift.
12. Department stores and malls were designed so that when you
want to look at bed linen, shower curtains or handbags,
there are always some speakers, tires or sporting equipment
13. We don't know anything about handbags. Don't even ask.
14. We did water the plants. They died anyway. Nobody knows why
15. Even if you think he's cute, Kevin Costner can't act.
16. Of course, neither can Elle McPherson, but she had the good
sense to do "Sirens" rather than "Waterworld."
17. Curley is the bald one.
18. Compromise does not mean that we abandon our position in
favor of yours.
19. Sports Illustrated is a better magazine than Cosmopolitan.
Just accept that.
20. Its in neither your interest nor ours to take the Quiz
21. Unless you are willing to follow the careers of Mo Vaughn,
Cal Ripken, David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Arnold
Schwarzenegger and Chris Farley, don't expect us to know
what Helen Gurley Brown, Hilary Clinton, Naomi Wolf or
your mother are up to.
22. Making love on a weeknight is generally welcome. Three hours
of conversation afterward is not.
23. Dinner out is a pretty good birthday present. Two tickets to
a ball game are even better.
24. No, you can't have the remote control.
25. If you must take us with you into Victoria's Secret, never,
ever leave us alone. All the old fat ladies make mean faces
at us and only add to our discomfort.