20 Things We Have Learned From the Movies
1. During all police investigations it will be necessary to visit a
strip joint at least once.
2. All beds have special L-shaped top sheets which reach up to armpit
level on a woman but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.
3. It's easy for anyone to land a plane providing there is someone in
the control tower to talk you down.
4. A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating
but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
5. Large loft-style apartments in New York City are well within the
price range of most people - whether they are employed or not.
6. Even when driving down a perfectly straight road it is necessary to
turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few
7. At least one of a pair of identical twins is born evil.
8. A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from
9. If you decide to start dancing in the street everyone you bump
into will know all the steps.
10. Should you decide to defuse a bomb don't worry which wire to cut.
You will always choose the right one.
11. Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the
communications system of any invading alien society.
12. Extremely beautiful and intelligent women are likely to become
prostitutes or welders.
13. It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving
martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one
by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have
knocked out their predecessors.
14. When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your bedroom
will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.
15. Police departments give their officers personality tests to make sure
they are deliberately assigned to a partner who is their total
16. When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each
17. Radiation causes interesting mutations - not to your future children
but to you, right there and then.
18. If you are blonde and pretty, it is possible to become a world expert on
nuclear fission at the age of 22.
19. Honest and hard working policemen are traditionally gunned down three days
before their retirement.
20. Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their archenemies
using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley systems, deadly
gasses, lasers and man eating sharks which will allow their captives at
least 20 minutes to escape.